2019 is well underway now and ETU is delighted to announce that the first of the Athlete & Coaches’ Development Camps is already attracting attention around Europe.
E-mails were sent out to all National Federations but in order to ensure that everyone gets a chance to apply, we thought it would be a good idea to publish this on the ETU Website.
The location will be Paphos, Cyprus. Many of you are aware that this is a key destination for winter training and that many athletes are already out on the island (enjoying the sunshine while some of us are having to scrape the car window before we can go to work and some cannot event get to work due to the heavy snow).
So, direct from Željko Bijuk, ETU Development Coordinator, here is the information. You will find links below to download the application forms.
Dear National Federation
ETU is happy to be able to announce that the 1st 2019 ETU Athletes & Coaches Development Camp will be held in Paphos, Cyprus. A squad of 30 athletes & coaches from emerging and developing ETU national federations will be selected to participate in the camp under the guidance of an outstanding staff made up of top level international triathlon coaches.
Please refer to the attached application forms for the athletes as well as the coaches who wish to attend as mentor coaches.
Briefly the details are as follows:
23 March - 30 March 2019
Verornica Hotel Paphos, Cyprus (http://www.veronicahotel.com.cy)
(closest international airport: Paphos, Nicosia or Larnaka)
Athletes & coaches accompanying athletes will be responsible for their own travel costs.
All other costs including accommodation, meals and ground transport will be covered by ETU.
SELECTION OF ATHLETES:
National Federations must take note of the following:
- Athletes: youth, juniors or U23
- Athletes must be selected based on Continental Championship, Regional championship or National Championship results.
- If a NF nominates more than one athlete then they need to be submitted in priority order.
- Once the names have been submitted on the required application form a selection committee will then select the final 20 candidates invited to attend the camp in Paphos.
- Closing date for application is: 25th January 2019.
NOMINATION OF MENTOR COACHES:
- National Federations are invited to nominate a coach to attend and participate in the camp in a mentoring role.
- Nominated coaches should be actively working with national federation athletes.
- Nominated coaches must be prepared to form part of the coaching staff for the camp.
- ETU will cover all costs of accommodation, meals and ground transport of all the coaches selected to participate.
Closing date for application is: 25th January 2019.
ETU once again looks forward to hosting this special event and making it a wonderful learning experience for all the coaches and athletes involved.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Please click here for the athlete application form.
- Please click here for the coach application form.
Zeljko Bijuk | ETU Development Coordinator |
http://www.triathlon.org - “The official triathlon resource”
Tel: +385 98 409982 (Mobile - Croatia)