The ITU Executive Board has decided to extend the suspension of all activities of the International Federation until June 30th, due to the current situation worldwide with the COVID-19 outbreak.
The ETU Board is in full agreement with the ITU decision and our “Covid-19 Events Crisis Group” has been in contact the last couple of days with all race organisers, assigned Technical Officials and ETU Board liaisons to listen to their feedback, suggestions and the possibility of hosting events at a later stage during the season, should the pandemic be controlled and if we can offer them fair and safe opportunities to compete.
As a result, we can inform you that the following events due to be organised in the months of March, April, May and June are postponed to a later (as yet unconfirmed) date:
- 2020 Liévin ETU Indoor Triathlon European Cup
- 2020 Melilla ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup and Triathlon Junior European Cup
- 2020 Quarteira ETU Triathlon European Cup Triathlon Junior European Cup
- 2020 Olsztyn ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup and Triathlon Junior European Cup
- 2020 Dnipro ETU Triathlon U23 European Championships
- 2020 Dnipro ETU Triathlon Junior European Cup
- 2020 Coimbra ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup and Mediterranean Championships
- 2020 Târgu Mureș ETU Cross Triathlon and Cross Duathlon European Championships
- 2020 Walchsee ETU Middle Distance Triathlon, Aquabike and Aquathlon European Championships
ETU will do the outmost to produce a revised calendar as soon as possible but it is not anticipated that this will be before the end of April.
Unfortunately, due to this extraordinary situation LOCs were forced, after consultation with their local government and sponsors and in agreement with ETU, to cancel the following races:
- 2020 Huelva ETU Triathlon European Cup
- 2020 Kupiškis ETU Triathlon Junior European Cup
- 2020 Holten ETU Sprint Triathlon Premium European Cup
- 2020 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon Junior European Cup
We are pleased to announce that these LOCs are planning to stage their events in 2021 Calendar.
We had already provided notification that the 2020 Alsdorf ETU Powerman Middle Distance Duathlon European Championships were cancelled.
The COVID-19 situation continues to change by the hour and as we at ETU have wanted to monitor developments in our National Federations, from the beginning of March we have sent out a weekly questionnaire to find out what is happening with the domestic calendar in each Country. ETU would like to thank all National Federations who complete this questionnaire. We are finalising a summary document which will be published on our Website shortly.
We will be sending out a further questionnaire by the end of April, inviting national federations to provide us with updates, so that we can be aware of the latest developments in their own country and within their own federation and that will greatly assist us in formulating an overview of the situation and provide us with insight that could help us all see when races might recommence in Europe.
For the time being our staff and volunteers will keep working from home and we are all ready to answer your questions if there are any!
Stay safe and healthy!