The second annual ITU Multisport World Championship Festival has officially hit the 100-day countdown before it kicks off in Fyn! On July 6, thousands of triathletes and multisport athletes will travel to the small Danish Island to compete in a week-long World Championship event that will award medals in five different multisport events: Duathlon, Aquathlon, Cross Triathlon, Long Distance Triathlon and Aquabike.
So GET READY to get EXCITED and give a giant HIGH FIVE to #Fyn2018 from these 100 (or so) reasons and facts about the event!
The inaugural event was a HUGE success!
- • In 2017 Penticton, Canada hosted the very-first ITU Multisport World Championship Festival and it was so much fun!
- • There was 507 medals that were awarded between all levels of athletes
- • Over 3000 athletes from all across the globe competed
- • Duathlon had the largest number of participants
- • The women/men ratio was 2/3
Continue making history with us for Round 2!
- • This will be the first Multisport Festival hosted in Europe
- • This will be the first Multisport Festival hosted in Denmark
- • This will be the first Multisport Festival hosted in Fyn
- • The event will take place across three cities on the island of Fyn: Odense, Svendborg and Middelfart
- • It is expected that over 5000 athletes will be participating
- • One of the largest nations set to compete is the USA, who will have a team of over 600 athletes
Enjoy the hashtag on social media!
#HighFiveFyn is the common hashtag that wraps the entire Fyn 2018 ITU Multisport Championships Festival. #HighFiveFyn symbolizes the five Multisport World Championships sports, as well as unity and excitement. With the hashtag #HighFiveFyn the classic high five action has been resurrected by giving commitment to the receiver. The thought is that when you give a #HighFiveFyn (physically or by tagging them on social media) to a friend or training buddy you challenge them to also participate in one of the many events at Fyn 2018 ITU World Championships Festival. Make sure you are following the event social media channels @ITUMultisport on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Tons to expect during the Festival!
- • Fyn will set the world stage for FIVE World Championship Multisport events: Duathlon, Aquathlon, Cross Triathlon, Long Distance Triathlon and Aquabike
- • Athletes from all across the world will get to enjoy the festival ranging from all levels of the sport, including elites, U23, juniors, paratriathlon, age group and open racing
- • The courses have just been released! Check them out!
- - And of course the elites will have a chance for prize money!
The event has been shown amazing support!
- • Local Danish superstars such as Helle Frederiksen will be racing!
- • In fact a lot of athlete ambassadors are getting hyped for the event in July! Some of the local elites such as Andreas Schilling, Thomas Strange, Eskild Ebbesen, Marianne Huche, Simon Jorn Hansen and Michelle Vesterby
- • #Fyn2018 has been lucky enough to get support from the following sponsors: Sport Event Fyn, Sport Event Denmark, Odense Municipality, Svendborg Municipality, Middelfart Municipality, Danish Triathlon Federation, Odense Triathlon Club, Svendborg Triathlon Club, Føns Havbane, Ringe Svømmeklub, Nyborg Triathlon Club, F2C Nutrition, Sportstiming, MTB-Tours and Erhvervsakademiet Lillebælt.
- • His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark is an ambassador for the event!
- - Did we mention he is Royal?!? He even tested out the cross triathlon course himself!
Experience all the fun things about Fyn!
- • Fyn is known as a huge bike-friendly island
- • Fyn has over 1200km of signposted cycle routes.
- • The terrain of Fyn varies from flat stretches close to coastlines from hilly roads winding through fields
- • Fyn has 123 castles
- • Go island-hopping on Fyn, exploring the tiny surrounding islands
- • Between your race diet you can “cheat” on delicious brunsviger – the “national dish” of Fyn as well as other local authentic smoked cheeses or locally brewed craft beers - who doesn’t love beer and cheese!
- • Love to shop? Odense is home to the Rosengard Centre (more than 150 shops under one roof) and two main shopping streets in the heart of town
Didn’t see the information you were looking for? Over the next few months more information and details about the event will continue to be released, so stay tuned! But remember you can always refer to the Fyn2018.com website!
Only 100 days to go, we hope to see you in #Fyn2018!